Boulder : Eva Baltasar

  


 1] 

"If anyone talks to me about happiness, I swear to God I’ll break their face."

I have got stonned as soon as I read this sentence and felt the deeper and inner connotation of each word. When someone thinks and tells oneself such bold words, other can just not have the strength to throw back to counter them.

2]

"Five years pass."

The narrative styles are so brief and measured. The choice and structure of dictions are fairly precise and poetic. The plots' paces are calculative and arranged like gridle streets.

"My love doesn’t leave with Samsa"

The demonstrative and poetical  moods and meanings of every sentence are so strong and subtle that I got a sense of novelty in the fiction.

3]

Pregnancy in women is a miracle. I am always being a very sensitive about it since I have to take care of the pregnant women in family especially to care about their diet and medicine. Even when it comes to the labor day, I was the sole man who had to attend the whole time outside the OT in hospital if it is surgery and waiting around the yard if it's normal delivery with midwife. 

4]

I have told a woman that only a woman after being a mother can show you what the tolerance is! We believe that women are weak race. But how does one woman raise a child is comparable to ten men. 

5]

Maybe Boulder is the novel where I got the exact description on celibacy. It's also the one of best where the strain of adultery scratched precisely. Boulder, the narrator cum protagonist is a perfect example of not only in the queer world but also in the hetro world, I have observed all the years everywhere.

6]

Desire is truly a complex tread in humansphere. I have a some subtle and delicate findings on desire which are as philosophical as reality based.

Since I have watched Godard's Contempt [1963] last week; mostly shot in  Capri island in Italy. I am stunned by its natural meliu and affluent aesthetics of it. Capri has become one of the spots I wanna visit after reading Boulder. 

7]

"I am driven by someone who isn’t me. Someone who is no more than a voice."

Modern beings, or maybe the beings from the beginning, are after the search of their selves in a constant mode. A being is not completed until it doesn't find and form its selfhood.

the concept of birth and rebirth not probably in the mythological and religious senses of Hindu scriptures  but in the philosophical and spiritual senses of Buddhist Nirvana have just given a golden touch in the last part of Boulder.


Boulder [2022]

Boulder [2020]

Eva Baltasar

Trans by Julia Sanches

Catalan Spanish, Spain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoeshine [1946] : Vittorio De Sica

বুনোহাঁস : পলাশ মাহমুদ

Andaz [1949] : Mehboob Khan