Charlie Chaplin : Feature Films

 

Still I can recall the event that I bought Charlie Chaplin's Autobiography, second hand book from the street book shop infront of Kazi Nazrul Islam's grave yard adjacent to the Dhaka Fine Arts Institution back in my college year. But I couldn't go through it till the last page as I had lost it in the bus.


I have only watch fragments of Chaplin's movie. The glimpses of reading books and watching films had enchanted me and mostly given me a big room for thinking about thw life and world and ignite a bit more desire to make film once in a life.


After started watching Alan Crosland's movies & being love with the silent era, it has become a law and order for me to watch all of Chaplin's feature films immediately. Though I wished and wanted to start with D.W. Griffith (American) & Sergei Eisenstein (Russian), I felt right to go with Charlie Chaplin (English).


Let's start to smile, but not without tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoeshine [1946] : Vittorio De Sica

বুনোহাঁস : পলাশ মাহমুদ

Andaz [1949] : Mehboob Khan