Throne of Blood : Akira Kurosawa

 

Sometimes, I watch some parts of a film in mute mode like the silent era; I do not read the titles. The reason behind these errands is very crucial to me; firstly, I want to catch the story line without external assistance then comes the point of finding the thrilling cinematic tempo and pace of the film themselves. If I can stand by the following sequences and enjoy the moments of watching the film, I come to the conclusion that this is a good film and can survive the taste of time and space beyond borders. This is one kind game for me as of today.

 


I was not informed about the inspiration of Throne of Blood [1957] and it is likely a Japanese adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth [1606]. But in the course of the watching, the film seemed to me a bit gray and monotonous in the tempo and mood. May be mostly because of its theatrical, gothic and formalist staging and acting. But Akira’s cinematic compositions, Toshiro Mifune’s spirited acting and Masaru Sato’s subtle musical scores have heightened the loftiness of the film.



The walking woods, floating fogs and their special effects are so mesmerizing that I still can immersed in thinking that era when using such kind of shootings were very costly and laborious. How enchanted and unbelievable were they for the global audience as much as today.

 

Throne of Blood [1957]

[蜘蛛巣城Kumonosu-jōJapanese]

Akira Kurosawa

Japanese, Japan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoeshine [1946] : Vittorio De Sica

বুনোহাঁস : পলাশ মাহমুদ

Andaz [1949] : Mehboob Khan