The Traitor : Marco Bellocchio


Film based on real life is always a big fatal attraction for me. But I don't have any aversion or reluctance to the real life adaptation as I have many strains of selections of fiction adaptations.

Almost every south Asian movie is a mixed genre or a crossed theme like  all in one. The first mafia centered movie I watched back in 2003 is Coppola's The God Father (1972). I assume the cinema directors from every part of the world could not get rid of from the Godfathe fever and it's techniques, styles, moods and weather till now.

 But Bellocchio's The Traitor (2019) is polar opposite in regards of its narrative structure and purpose. Betrayal and violence are ever present in this genre but moral crisis on evil decisions and repentance over wrong doings make "The Traitor" a real deviation.

Pierfrancesco Favino as Tommaso Buscetta, a Sicilian Mafia boss, has pulled my full attention because of his magnetic acting skills and charismatic facial expressions. Previously I have only been caring to a movie's narrative, cinematography, production design, visuals and sounds and editing but in The Traitor I can't help but prioritizing on actings. To watch a movie through the every elements is a nearly a breathtaking task, a laborious thing. I am desperate to watch Favino's Nostalgia (2022) as soon as possible and the other selections onwards.

The Traitor (2019)

(Italian: Il traditore) 

Marco Bellocchio

Italian, Italy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoeshine [1946] : Vittorio De Sica

বুনোহাঁস : পলাশ মাহমুদ

Andaz [1949] : Mehboob Khan